Your trusted and reliable partner in navigating the complexities of the healthcare system. A place where the needs and interest of the client come first.Contact Us
We have heard your story about being diagnosed with a serious medical illness and not knowing your options of where to turn next. We have heard your story about your healthcare providers not communicating with each other. We have heard your story about being rushed through your doctor's visit leaving the appointment with unanswered questions. We have heard your story about not knowing your rights as a patient. So your story has become our story.
ABC FOR YOUR HEALTH was born to help you get to the heart of the matter of navigating the American healthcare system, so that you, the consumer, can journey your healthcare experience with ease, understanding, and satisfaction. We work with you and your loved ones to ensure your questions, concerns, and preferences are heard.
- Provide individualized service.
- Coordinate care to help manage multiple medical conditions
- Collaborate with all members of the healthcare team
- Help set personal goals to prevent unnecessary emergency room visits and hospitalizations.
- Empower the client to become more confident as a healthcare consumer.
PATIENT ADVOCACY AND HEALTHCARE LIAISON
Based out of Scituate, Massachusetts, providing services from the Greater Boston area to the South Shore communities of Massachusetts, including Hingham, Cohassett, Scituate, Marshfield, Duxbury, Plymouth, and surrounding towns.
- What is an independent patient advocate?
- An independent patient advocate is a trained professional who serves as a go between for patients and families and their healthcare providers and the institutions who care for them, including insurance companies and pharmacies. The overall goal of the advocate is to provide patients and family members with support and education so they can make informed and educated decisions about their health and well-being.
- Why does a patient need a private independent patient advocate when they have doctors and nurses?
- Although doctors and nurses provide professional, and most times exceptional care to the patients they serve, their true allegiance is toward the healthcare organization that employs them. A private, independent patient advocate's allegiance is solely to the patient and their families they serve. Every effort is made to address patients' needs so they may reach their healthcare goals.
- What are your credentials for practicing as a private independent patient advocate?
- Besides having over 25 years experience working in the healthcare industry, I hold a post bachelorette Certificate in Patient Advocacy, as well as a Certificate in Case Management. My most recent accomplishment was earning the credentials of Board Certified Patient Advocate (BCPA) from the Patient Advocate Certification Board, an international certification credential for patient advocates.
- Do you subscribe or adhere to a Code of Professional Standards?
- Yes, I subscribe to The Code of Conduct & Professional Standards for Professional, Independent Health & Patient Advocates. Please Click Here to learn more about Health Advocate's Code - Ethics and Standards.
ABC FOR YOUR HEALTH is a privately owned and independent patient advocacy and healthcare liaison firm based in Scituate, Massachusetts. We provide clients and their families with information and guidance needed to navigate the American healthcare system. We work with clients and families as true partners in their own health, empowering the client to become a more confident healthcare consumer.
- Prepare for and accompany clients to appointments
- Coordinate transition of one level of care to another
- Consult with your healthcare team
- Develop a "Person Centered Plan of Care"
- Maintain communication with loved ones
- Make certain your questions are answered
- Maintain a current list of medications
- Assist with Health Care Proxy and Advance Directive forms
- Know your RIGHTS as a patient
Our experienced personnel holds accreditations in areas of patient advocacy, case management, leadership, and medical administration, in addition to decades of first-hand professional experience in the healthcare industry.
We Provide Service
Based out of Scituate, Massachusetts, providing services from the Greater Boston area to the South Shore communities of Massachusetts, including Hingham, Cohassett, Scituate, Marshfield, Duxbury, Hanover, Norwell, Weymouth, Plymouth, and surrounding towns.
ABC FOR YOUR HEALTH, LLC does not provide legal, medical, or financial advice, but works to identify options and resources for their clients. Health Care Advocates on the South Shore assisting all Massachusetts